A few years back I started researching if it would be possible to get more tiles for the great room made. I found the original manufacturer and things looked promising. Then things went south. (More on that possibly in the future.)
But one good thing did come out of the endeavor. I picked up some loose tiles as I had a plan.
Back when we had the old diesel furnaces replaced we were left with a lot of holes in the floors where the registers once had been. We filled these holes in with concrete, but in the case of the ones in the kitchen and guest bathroom, the patches were not flush with the floor. That meant one risked tripping or turning an ankle if one stepped on the divots.
The loose tiles I bought sat in a bin in my office for a while. I came across them when cleaning my office and decided to finally make use of them. I broke out the tile saw and cut one of them in half. and then chisled the concrete so that the tiles would lie flat. Agent Smith had the fun job of using the vat of mortar to inset them in the holes.
The results look awesome (although in the case of the kitchen one a rug covers them so appearance is moot) More importantly people are no longer in danger of injury!