Carrying on from the last post, I found yet another use for the pretty bird fabric.
As part of the sale of the house, instead of any price discount due to the septic tank having failed….
(For those who haven’t been following along back in 2015 when we had initial inspections as part of the escrow process we found out the baffle wall had collapsed as back when the POs put in a new tank in 1999 they then built a deck over the tank and never had it serviced.)
….we instead had the washer and dryer as well as two bits of furniture included in the sale as well as all the garden-type equipment — which amounted to a bunch of rusty shovels and such. One of the pieces of furniture, a small table is used in the boys’ room while the fancy glass cafe table and chairs has barely moved from where it was when first viewed the house.
You can see it in the back corner of the great room in the gallery below (along with all the rather boring furniture that belonged to the POs.) Plus the image I snapped of it when we were viewing the house during inspections.
Over the years though the fabric on the bottom of the chairs disintegrated and once the great room reached is fairly finished state, the setup kind of clashed with the rest of the furniture in the space. So last month, I used a bit more of that pretty bird fabric and spent a day recovering the seats.
I’m quite pleased with the end result as now the space is tied together thanks to the matching cushions I wrote about in the last post.
Here’s the side-by-side of way back when two of the great room from this week. I do think I have much better taste in decor than the POs….