Carrying on from the last post concerning stuff under our house: something that got posted to my Instagram feed but not to here was the end story of the snake that lived under the house.
During the various cleanup efforts, furnace replacement and reinsulation projects we came across a couple of very small shed snake skins. We assumed somewhere under the house there was a wee snake and we credited that as one of the reasons why we had few rodent signs over the few two years.
Eventually, however, Francesca made an appearance “upstairs” and once I got over my initial shock of finding a small snake in the linen hallway, I managed to corral her into a box.
Once in the box she was transported up the towards the well tank where we hope she is living happily.
Or perhaps this was her peeking around the garage this past summer.