In the north hall next to the armchair and the ottoman I made, sat a table. One of those formed plywood ones from IKEA. The finish was shot and it was looking pretty ragged, so I got to work.
I started off by sanding off the original finish.
Then using some spare stain we had in the garage, I applied a couple of coats to darken the wood down. Once it cured, I used the same handy stencils to paint leaves on it so that it now matches the trees that frame the boys’ space. The end result is a cute table the resembles a tree stump. I’m quite happy with the result, but will need to redo it at some point as some bird…cough cough….likes to chomp on it.