Carrying on from the previous post, the crew made great progress and in two days the shed was almost constructed. A few additional deviations from the plans had to be made though.
The plans originally called for a bench along both long walls: a 3′ high one on the back wall and then a shorter one along the front or slanted plexiglass roof side. Since we had changed things so the roof window portion wasn’t going to dip down vertically, and I didn’t want a bench on the back wall, we simply built the large bench along the greenhouse side and ignored the bit of the plans for the smaller bench.
While I did buy the crew a few cases of beer, I didn’t get to see them off once they were done, as I needed to start my long long drive out to Ohio where I did some work to help out my parents and then eventually made the drive home. (All those links are for posts over on my personal site — networkgirl.org.
Agent Smith took these images and sent them to me when I was on the road.
I was gone for about forty days, so I didn’t get relish in the splendor of my new shed, nor could I arrange for the next steps to happen until I got back. That all would have to wait until I got home in mid November.
But in the meantime, for the sake of comparison, here’s what the plans pictured and here’s what I pictured and had built.