First off the damaged area by the sliding glass door in the upstairs of the great room.
Then the damaged area at the intersection of foyer and great room.
I managed to dig out a picture that does show how much damage was in this area: if you look in the upper right of this picture you’ll how big of a split existed. The POs attempted to fill it with some substance but it disintegrated soon after we moved in
Then here are photos showing the work that went into making that area lovely again. The last one was taken the day of writing this post.
One small unexpected result of the repairs is that we now have a squeak as that new board flexes a bit when you step upon it. This is what is sounds like.